Home of Stella's Gardens

We are now living full time in Northeast Iowa, and working on the new gardens. It will keep us busy for quite a while...

As an avid gardener since I was about 7 years old, that gives me over 45 years of experience gardening in this part of the world. And every year teaches me a bit more.


Friday, March 16, 2012

So here it is, the day before St Paddy's, and there's daffodils abloom in my garden. I have three types, descended from six freebies I got from Earl Mays which have been divided and are again multiplying. This is the earliest one. But they have never been this early! Pessimist that I am, I wonder about the record breaking warmth for three days in a row - this was the earliest date to break 80 on record here in town. Will probably make short work of the daffies. Makes me wonder what the rest of the year will bring. ------------------------------------------- Just posted a primer for starting seeds - probably too late for this year given the weather! See the links to the right, and let me know if you find it useful. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment