Home of Stella's Gardens

We are now living full time in Northeast Iowa, and working on the new gardens. It will keep us busy for quite a while...

As an avid gardener since I was about 7 years old, that gives me over 45 years of experience gardening in this part of the world. And every year teaches me a bit more.


Monday, April 18, 2011

So it's Spring. Is it?

So the eagle babies are a growing - the two bigger ones show their pin feathers but the baby is still a fluffball.
I'm gimping around on crutches after our glorious holiday in Florida - it was glorious but I could not be In The Water which is my main reason to be anywhere near the water...So I will be satisfied with knowing that if you want to be in the water, Marco Island sucks - there are nice people there but if You Don't Have The Bux don't bother.  Anna Maria Island is more for the common folks, free parking for the beach.  But sadly even where there are public beaches, some places (Sanibel and Captiva) they will charge for parking.  A nice drive there in the JN Darling Area; a few $ to drive through, but the traffic sucks on the island when you go at spring break.  We found some of the groovy fossilized sharks teeth at Casey Key south (free beach parking), the high light in some ways.

And my girl's heading for UI for the CS degree (argh, an ISU family) and the boy has his Airman's First Class (A1C) - such a proud time to be a mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment