Home of Stella's Gardens

We are now living full time in Northeast Iowa, and working on the new gardens. It will keep us busy for quite a while...

As an avid gardener since I was about 7 years old, that gives me over 45 years of experience gardening in this part of the world. And every year teaches me a bit more.


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The new season begins

So this is an interesting thing that I should just start posting in some stream of consciousness way about my life.  OK my garden at least.
The first seed order from Burpees is on the way.  They claim a new Brandywine derivative called Brandy Boy, and given my love of Brandywine and long-past successes with BetterBoy et al, I am giving it a try.  Also the new dianthus Diana Blueberry hybrid which is an annual.  I have lots of spaces to fill with the new gardens up north, as well as under the eaves here at home.
Of course it is MUCH too early to start anything here in Iowa...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment